Dryer Vent Cleaning
When is the last time your dryer vent was inspected or cleaned?
Just like your air ducts you can’t see inside your dryer vent! Using our video inspection camera we are able to show you all of the dirt and lint that stays inside your dryer and vent once you have completed your laundry and cleared the lint trap. Lint will build up in the dryer, transition duct and exhaust duct which can reduce airflow and create a dangerous situation which can lead to overheating and dryer inefficiencies, and in some cases, fires. When moisture cannot escape it will invite mold and bacteria build up as well.
Lint is one of the most flammable items in your home! With estimates of 15,500 US home fires being contributed to dirty dryer vents, it is more important than ever to get your dryer vent inspected and serviced.
Signs your dryer vent may be clogged:
- Takes anywhere from 2-4 cycles to dry 1 load of laundry
- The outside of your dryer is hot to touch and your clothes are damp and hot at the end of the cycle
- Notice a burning smell
- The vent hood flap outside doesn’t open properly when dryer is running
- Your home is older than 4 years old or hasn’t been inspected regularly
Benefits of a clean dryer vent:
- A clean dryer can use up to 50% less energy
- Longer overall life of your dryer
- Reduces potential for catastrophic fire